Daihatsu-Forum.de  

Zurück   Daihatsu-Forum.de > Technik und Tuning > Die Cuore Serie

Die Cuore Serie (L55, L60, L80, L201, L501, L701, L251, L276)

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 03.09.2013, 21:37   #1
terios
Benutzer

Pfeil Cuore L251 Documents

Hello,

My sister has a little Cuore L251
Engine is EJ-DE
1.0 L, 58 hp, DOHC, EFI
Year 2006
180.000 km

I really need the Owner Guide and the Workshop Repair Manual ?

Would you help me please :)

Regards,
terios ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 03.09.2013, 22:06   #2
Kokomiko
Gast

Standard

Go to your local Dai-Dealer, in Germany it costs by 79.- € for an Repair Maunual in PDF
Alt 03.09.2013, 22:16   #3
terios
Benutzer

Themenstarter
Standard

I live in Algeria and we do not sell any more Cuores and above all Manuals are not sold in my country!
Alt 04.09.2013, 00:31   #4
terios
Benutzer

Themenstarter
Standard

I'm really thankful for your reply. Very useful!

I'll ask a friend to do it for me as it is not allowed from the net we are using at work... I'll inform you asap.

Yes, it is EJ-DE and I can send you a picture of the nameplate. Even on some web sites they offer two options EJ-DE or VE. But from my readings I did understand that EJ-VE is the one with VVT not the one I have, did I just misundestand you? How could we be sure of that?

I'll expose to you my issues with that little lovely car : )
Alt 04.09.2013, 09:03   #5
Daiminator
Benutzer

Standard

As far as I know, the L251 was only sold with the EJ-VE engine.

The previous model, Cuore l701, was first sold with EJ-DE, later with EJ-VE. So it would be surprising,if there would be an EJ-DE engine in a Cuore l251 build in 2006 .

But of course it is posible, that in different countries different engines were used. So it can be the what is said above is only true for Europe. So pictures could help

Spritmonitor.de
'95er L501, lila-blau. Extras: 4 Türen, Drehzahlmesser, geteilte Rücksitzlehne, Heckklappen-Fernentriegelung :D
Daiminator ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04.09.2013, 09:34   #6
62/1
Vielposter

Benutzerbild von 62/1

Standard

different countries, different engines!
In Europe the L251 was sold with EJ-VE (because of pollutant regulation -> Euro4), this does not mean, the engine was installed world wide!!!

Example: in south america the Gran Move was sold until 2006 with HE-C Engine -> carburetor! (no electric fuel injection, also no catalytic converter)

Rene
62/1 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04.09.2013, 11:42   #7
bluedog
24/7 Poster

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von terios Beitrag anzeigen
But from my readings I did understand that EJ-VE is the one with VVT not the one I have, did I just misundestand you? How could we be sure of that?
Yes, correct, the EJ-VE is the one with the VVT. The EJ-DE doesn't have that.

At least in Europe, The EJ-DE is listed with only 56hp, altough it is, apart from the VVT, both the same engine. It's a pollution regulation issue, I suppose.

How to be sure of the engine type? One would have to look at the camshaft/camshaft wheels, or maybe it would be an Idea to compare the part number of of the engine control unit.

But: In most cases, it doesn't matter what Engine type there is, because the VVT is the only difference.

Pictures would be nice anyway. Possibly there are other differences too, which could be seen from the pictures. For example I do wonder if it has the air filter housing of the L251 in europe or the one of the L701, which are differrent. Could interest you also, because the air filter element, which have to be changed in given intervals, are not compatible.

Citroen C1 Automatik BJ 2011:

Mofa: Dreirad auf Basis eines Amsler-Pony, Verbrauch Zweitaktgemisch: <3.5l/100km.

Das grosse Artensterben auf dieser Welt wird den Menschen erst bewusst werden, wenn schliesslich auch der Tiger im Tank ausstirbt.
bluedog ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04.09.2013, 11:55   #8
terios
Benutzer

Themenstarter
Standard

You are right: Different countries, different engines.

Here is the nameplate:
TYPE L251LS - GMDE
ENGINE EJ - DE
COLOR S28

I wonder which one is fitted with VVT ? and what are the differences then?

P.S. How you do to join pictures? All is written in German I'm just following signs and similar words with English : )))
Alt 04.09.2013, 12:18   #9
bluedog
24/7 Poster

Standard

Yours doesn't have VVT.

To share pictures, you got two possibilities: you can upload them to an external picture storage or homepage of your choice somewhere in the net and then provide the link to that picture by using the 7th button from the left, just above where it says "grafik einfügen".

Or you can click on "Erweitert" below and then click on the paperclip Icon above, described with "Anhänge". That opens a popup window where you can specify the path of the file to upload. Note that there are only some filetypes alowed, and it would be great if you would resize the pictures to a useful and practical resolution to reduce file size and webspace and webtraffic needed for that.

Mofa: Dreirad auf Basis eines Amsler-Pony, Verbrauch Zweitaktgemisch: <3.5l/100km.

Das grosse Artensterben auf dieser Welt wird den Menschen erst bewusst werden, wenn schliesslich auch der Tiger im Tank ausstirbt.
Alt 04.09.2013, 13:30   #10
bluedog
24/7 Poster

Standard

Before telling you to much about the differences of the Engine Types, it seems to be helpful, to tell you in brief, what we all here from europe have in mind, when discussing those two engine types:

First of all, before you came to tell us, that there exist L251's with an EJ-DE engine, we were all sure, that the EJ-DE belonged to the L701, which is the predecessor of the L251.

So, in europe, the two engines belong to two different models of the Cuore.

The EJ-DE was inside the L701's built between 1998 and 2000. In 2000, there was a facelift for the L701 cuore, and as a part of that, it was from then on fitted with the EJ-VE engine.

In 2003, the L251 was introduced, and due to that, the L701 went out of Production.

However, in the L251 there was still the EJ-VE engine, with only a few minor differences from the EJ-VE used before in the L701.

The L701 had had 56hp, no matter if the 1998-2000 version fitted with the EJ-DE or the 2000-2003 version fitted with the EJ-VE.

The L251, both the pre-facelift from 2003-2005 and the facelift version built from 2005 to 2007 had the EJ-VE. But different from the EJ-VE in the L701 mentioned above, it had, according to papers, 58hp.

All of them were basically the same engine, tough provided in two different generations of Daihatsu Cuore, and, in the L701 pre-facelift, without VVT.

Due to space limitations or other reasons, which I don't know, the L701, no matter if fitted with EJ-DE or EJ-VE had a different Air intake than the L251.

That means, that the air filter housing in the L701 had a different shape than the air filter housing in the L251. That means, that you need a different air filter Element for the L701 and the L251, although they both may have the same engine. Because the L701 had from the facelift on the same Engine, but not the same Air intake and thus not the same air filter housing.

Now we just learned, that in Algeria, there are L251's with EJ-DE.
So it could be possible, that it is an EJ-DE as it was in the L701, including the Air Intake of the L701, which may fit into the engine Compartment of the slightly bigger L251 too, or it could be that, althogh a EJ-DE, it had the same air intake and air filter housing as the L251 in europe. But in Europe the L251 had always the EJ-VE.

Between the EJ-DE and EJ-VE engine, the only mechanical difference at the engine itself is the VVT in the EJ-VE. That means, at least there must be a difference in the engine control unit too, so it could handle the VVT in the EJ-VE, which it didn't need to be able with the older EJ-DE, because EJ-DE do not have VVT.

Besides the Engine: Be sure to look at the brake disks, before you order spare parts for the Brakes.

The L251 in its basic variants had solid brake disks, while the facelift model which were a bit above basic equipment, had ventilated disks, which means, there was an air-pass-trough in the middle between the inner and outer side of the friction plate.

The calipers were different according to brake-disc type as well as the brake pads too.

Before I forget it: The spark plugs are surely different too, in the EJ-DE and EJ-VE engines., as well as the ignition coils.

Geändert von bluedog (04.09.2013 um 13:38 Uhr)
Antwort